Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Wind noise in Palisade fwd sel

carterdan

Reactions
I just got a new Palisade. When i test drove another palisade before buying this unit, i did not hear much road noise through driver window.

But in this Palisade when i dive >40 MPH it feels like air trying to gush in type of road noise (wind noise). Is this normal?

Mr68

Reactions
I too have wind noise on my Limited. It is not gushing and not noticeable below 60 - 65 mph, but enough to be annoying at 70+ mph.

OP
C

carterdan

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Mr 68, Yes it gets annoying for me at 50+MPH because thats the only sound i can hear as everything else is quiet. Guess need to take it to dealer service shop

Reactions
I have a little over 1,700 miles on my new Palisade Limited that I purchased about a month ago.I never heard any wind noise on mine. I do hear a little road noise from the rear at slower speeds and on certain road surfaces. Just yesterday I took a friend for a little ride and he mentioned how quiet it was..

Reactions
My Limited has the wind noise too over 50MPH. Did you guys contact the dealer and got this issue fixed. I am planning to take my car in for this issue, just wanted to see what was your outcome.
Thanks

Reactions
Similar noise issues being reported with some Tellurides.

OP
C

carterdan

Reactions
Thread Starter #9
My Limited has the wind noise too over 50MPH. Did you guys contact the dealer and got this issue fixed. I am planning to take my car in for this issue, just wanted to see what was your outcome.
Thanks
I have taken mine to dealership. They were not of much help. They raised a ticket with Hyundai and said hopefully when more people complain than they may get a result on what to do.

Reactions
I have taken mine to dealership. They were not of much help. They raised a ticket with Hyundai and said hopefully when more people complain than they may get a result on what to do.
I will take mine to the dealership next week and see what they come up with. Will keep you posted. Thanks

Mr68

Reactions
Palisade Window Gasket gap.JPG I stopped by the dealer yesterday and the Service mgr. said they had one other complaint. They believe its a gap between the window and its gasket. The attached photo shows one area that doesn't have a good seal between the glass and the gasket. There are other areas forward which also don't have a nice compressed seal. The dealer indicated they will be ordering a new gasket and I go in on 9/16 to have it installed. Hope this works. I believe the window alignment can also be adjusted but probably requires removal of the door panel. I will let you know how this works out.

Mr68

Reactions
Update: I went to the dealer but they only confirmed that a new gasket needs to be ordered. I have to reschedule for a day or two. Will let you know if this solves the problem.

CUMan

Reactions
My wife and I drove the new Palisade from Alabama to New Mexico and back earlier this month. We encountered numerous periods of what I think involves wind noise; however, there seemed to be two types of noise. One is the usual wind noise that one should expect when driving at higher speeds. The other was a noise best described as a humming sound that kicked in at 70 and above. The humming sound would go and come and seemed to involve wind speed and wind direction. Also, I noticed that the humming sound would go away when a vehicle passed us on the left side. When the vehicle had moved on, the humming sound returned. It seemed to me that the vehicle in the passing lane affected the wind flow in such a way that the humming noise was blocked temporarily.

I suspect that both noise sounds are related to defective door gaskets on the driver side. We never noted any high levels of wind noise on the passenger side.

Mr68

Reactions
My gasket installation appointment got delayed. It is now scheduled for 10-3-19. I will be sure to let you know the results after it is completed.

Mr68

Reactions
I just returned from the dealership having completed the window gasket replacement. Unfortunately, this did not fix the problem. The shop foreman indicated this was a known problem and said you could take a new Palisade off the lot and observe this problem. He said they would initiate a case number and get a response from Hyundai engineers. Not sure why this hasn't been done already, but that is the state of my vehicle at this time.

OP
C

carterdan

Reactions
Thread Starter #19
@Mr68 thanks for the update. I did not get my gasket replaced. But i got the same answer you got from your foreman that they will raise a case with Hyundai engineers. I will see if i can call Hyundai directly and get this problem across.

Hopefully others can provide same info to Hyundai and that brings attention to this issue?

Mr68

Reactions
@carterdan, do you happen to know how to contact Hyundai directly? I would be happy to talk with them about my problem. Thanks.

Hyundai Palisade Posts