Wind noise in Palisade fwd sel

carterdan

Reactions
I just got a new Palisade. When i test drove another palisade before buying this unit, i did not hear much road noise through driver window.

But in this Palisade when i dive >40 MPH it feels like air trying to gush in type of road noise (wind noise). Is this normal?

Reactions
No it is not normal.. it does not happen in my limited.

Edubbiey

Reactions
Nor in mind. The quietness in the cabin from atmospherics was a selling point for me.

Mr68

Reactions
I too have wind noise on my Limited. It is not gushing and not noticeable below 60 - 65 mph, but enough to be annoying at 70+ mph.

OP
C

carterdan

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Mr 68, Yes it gets annoying for me at 50+MPH because thats the only sound i can hear as everything else is quiet. Guess need to take it to dealer service shop

Reactions
I have a little over 1,700 miles on my new Palisade Limited that I purchased about a month ago.I never heard any wind noise on mine. I do hear a little road noise from the rear at slower speeds and on certain road surfaces. Just yesterday I took a friend for a little ride and he mentioned how quiet it was..

Reactions
My Limited has the wind noise too over 50MPH. Did you guys contact the dealer and got this issue fixed. I am planning to take my car in for this issue, just wanted to see what was your outcome.
Thanks

Reactions
Similar noise issues being reported with some Tellurides.

OP
C

carterdan

Reactions
Thread Starter #9
My Limited has the wind noise too over 50MPH. Did you guys contact the dealer and got this issue fixed. I am planning to take my car in for this issue, just wanted to see what was your outcome.
Thanks
I have taken mine to dealership. They were not of much help. They raised a ticket with Hyundai and said hopefully when more people complain than they may get a result on what to do.

Reactions
I have taken mine to dealership. They were not of much help. They raised a ticket with Hyundai and said hopefully when more people complain than they may get a result on what to do.
I will take mine to the dealership next week and see what they come up with. Will keep you posted. Thanks

Reactions
Palisade Window Gasket gap.JPG I stopped by the dealer yesterday and the Service mgr. said they had one other complaint. They believe its a gap between the window and its gasket. The attached photo shows one area that doesn't have a good seal between the glass and the gasket. There are other areas forward which also don't have a nice compressed seal. The dealer indicated they will be ordering a new gasket and I go in on 9/16 to have it installed. Hope this works. I believe the window alignment can also be adjusted but probably requires removal of the door panel. I will let you know how this works out.

Reactions
Update: I went to the dealer but they only confirmed that a new gasket needs to be ordered. I have to reschedule for a day or two. Will let you know if this solves the problem.

Hyundai Forum Posts