Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Palisade Theft Risks

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade
In my area (U.S. Midwest) there have been rampant thefts of Kia’s/Hyundai’s but the police and articles I have read don’t really describe what the mode of theft is apart from saying 2015 and newer Hyundai’s are at risk.

On Sunday I happened to look out window and group of city thugs pulled U-turn after all staring at our Palisade and then pulled parallel into end of driveway with ski masks on (coincidentally driving an Accent with o/s plates) clearly getting ready to try to take our Palisade. The fled the second they saw me.

Anybody know what the weakness is or have their Palisade stolen? From what I have read it seems like the issue involves Hyundai’s with keyed ignitions, but like I said articles are vague and police say “don’t want to give technique away” - ummm seems like the scum already know).

We have a U.S. spec SEL and I believe that the keyless system includes an immobilizer - am I correct? Would this have generally protected it or do they have some other workaround? Or would they have realized not a keyed ignition and just left?

I believe that even the base model in US has keyless ignition, do some markets use a keyed ignition?

Curious on thoughts from others.

Cops saturated neighborhood but the crooks were gone. They squad also alluded to keyed ignitions being the issue. But then he said to buy the Club (flashback from high school). I got one primarily in the hopes that they wouldn’t smash window if they see it.

We have a large remodel going so can’t put cars in garage.

clintro

Reactions
What I Drive
2012 Palisade SEL
I am not sure how effective a club would be if someone is really motivated, but most are looking for an easy target and would probably prevent just based on that.

Hyundai Palisade Posts