Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Carlinkit 2.0 and 2020 Palisade not supported?

edentel

Reactions
What I Drive
2021 Palisade Limited
Hello! I just became the proud owner of a new 2021 Palisade yesterday afternoon and thanks to the magic of Amazon shipping I had a Carlinkit 2.0 in my hands this afternoon.

Is anyone able to get this dongle to work in a 2021? I screwed around with it in the driveway for about 30 minutes before coming in to research online. I simply got no result from the device.

-Carplay icon never activated
-While my phone would bluetooth pair it would never automatically pair with WiFi

I came back in to do some research and I found links to manually update the firmware to builds from this week. Thinking I had it worked out I headed back out to the Palisade. Now when I plug it in and turn on the Palisade there is a slight wait and an error message pops up on the screen which, going from memory, is somethign to the effect of "Media function is not compatible with this device".

I did an Amazon replacement request so we'll see if this one is just a dud or not.

In the meantime....is anyone using the Carlinkit 2.0 with a 2021?

Thanks!

Last edited:

owensned

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade
I will be curious to see if you get it to work since it the Amazon site doesn’t list the Palisade as one of the compatible vehicles.

OP
E

edentel

Reactions
What I Drive
2021 Palisade Limited
Thread Starter #3
The new one came in and worked right out of the box. I did a few upgrades and it works a slight bit faster with a little less lag from button push to response. Apparently the first one was bricked out of box. My advice is buy the cheapest Carlinkit version 2 via Amazon Prime as they are all the same unit.

Last edited:

Hyundai Palisade Posts