Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

2023 Garage Door Opener Won't Work Unless Ignition On

snowlover

Reactions
What I Drive
2023 Palisade
Super frustrating... .how many times do you drive into the garage, turn your car off and then reach up to click the garage door close button??? Most times I would contend. Well no more. The 2023 garage door opener (under the mirror) won't work without the ignition on. Insane! Tell me I have some setting wrong...???

Nolenski

Reactions
What I Drive
2023 Calligraphy
I park outside and love that if I leave the cars unlocked that I don't need to worry about someone coming in through the garage at night by using my Homelink. I guess the solution would be to make this an option in the vehicle settings.

OP
S

snowlover

Reactions
What I Drive
2023 Palisade
Thread Starter #3
Needs to be a setting for sure

jm6546

Reactions
What I Drive
2023 Palisade Limited
I agree it is a good safety factor that leaving my Palisade outside I dont have to worry about someone being able to open my garage without the ignition on. I do agree that Hyundai should offer a setting as an option.

Reactions
What I Drive
2024 Hyundai Tucson Limited
I agree it is a good safety factor that leaving my Palisade outside I dont have to worry about someone being able to open my garage without the ignition on. I do agree that Hyundai should offer a setting as an option.
There would be no safety issue if the garage door opener remained active for a brief period after the ignition was turned off, like the radio or the ability to adjust windows.

PalyGoBOOM

Reactions
What I Drive
2024 Caligraphy
The hardship described here is unimaginable! I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Hyundai Palisade Posts